As CPG brands look to increase the marketability of their products, they’ll do well to keep in mind theses five emerging trends in packaging design, as identified by The Drum.
Sustainable packaging is nearly requisite for brands who want to win over the hearts and wallets of younger consumers, so it’s no surprise it leads the list:
1. Recyclable designs and replacements for plastics – The concept of a “circular” economy has entrenched itself in the cultural vernacular. Designing packaging specifically to be recycled will grow more and more important, perhaps even mandatory for the brands who compete in eco-conscious spaces.
2. QR codes – An efficient way to provide extra information, the QR code offers potential to brands looking to use their packaging to communicate their values.
3. Interactive packaging – Also called smart or connected packaging, interactive packaging makes use of NFC (near-field communication), QR codes and other technologies to deliver AR and gamification experiences.
4. Free samples – Some brands are now starting to include free samples with their packaging. In select cases, it makes sense to offer a sample of a product that complements the product being purchased.Advertisement
5. Packaging as art – For a stronger visual impact, brands might transform their packaging into artwork. Colorful illustrations, for example, can draw wandering eyes and be combined with storytelling techniques.
Read more at The Drum.
Branding with Ferocity – Thinking Like an Indie Brand
Get a better understanding on how to leverage new technologies to engage and delight shoppers, sustainability’s role in product and package design – being sustainable and premium are not mutually exclusive, plus best practices and tips for collaboration and how to launch new products and refresh existing product line-ups and brands.
GO MINIMALISM . . . HOLD ON A MINUTE!
Sustainable, 100% Recycled Transparent Sheeting is Now a Reality!
Kroger, Walgreens to Dedicate Section of Their Stores to Reusable Packaging