At Dscoop Edge Orlando 2019, the vibrant community of HP Graphics print service providers recognized their counterparts in the 4rd annual HP Inkspiration Americas Awards for outstanding works produced with HP digital printing technology.
Twelve winners were selected for unique and powerful applications on March 26 at the Orlando, Florida conference. The categories cover general commercial printing, labels and packaging, signage, and innovation with software and inks. Some 200 entries from more than 75 HP PSPs and designers were submitted to the competition of works produced on HP Indigo, PageWide Web Press, and Scitex print technology.
“The creativity and incredible ideas generated by our Dscoop community are so much more than Inkspiration. They are transforming the Graphics print experience,” said Dscoop CEO Keith Wilmot.
The annual contest showcases the best work from HP customers and celebrates how PSPs are pushing the boundaries of what is possible with digital printing. Voting was held live by attendees for the first time at this year’s conference in Orlando, from March 24-27, where the organization reported a record of 1700 participants.
“Our customers are leveraging HP technology to grow their business, innovate, break boundaries and push print to the next level,” added Alon Bar-Shany, general manager, HP Indigo, HP Inc.
The 2019 award winners for General Commercial Printing:
- Direct mail: Benson Integrated Marketing Solutions, Georgia, USA, for The Wonder Book. Created as an educational direct mail piece, the book gives clients a true sense of the possibilities with HP technology and printing. The 24-page book showcases a wide range of various materials and print techniques in a highly stylish and unique way.
- Catalogs/Brochures/Flyers: P+E Galeria Digital Ltda, Brazil, for Whiskas, The Most Curious Cat in the World. This complex piece is crafted designed as a reading book with cats. Each page has a surprise for the kitten to explore.
- Publishing: Hellograf, Brazil for creating the Botistars magazine. O Boticário, a cosmetics company, ordered magazine covers personalized with the images and names of 300 sales associates taken at the start of the conference. The project was produced in six hours on HP Indigo using high-speed variable data and each delegate was presented their copy during the event. Hellograf had only installed their HP Indigo 30 days earlier. Watch the project in the making.
- Photo: P+E Galeria Digital Ltda, Brazil, for the photo book, Looks. This high-end photobook by renowned photographer Guto Ambar captures the beauty of the horse-rider relationship with more than 200 images in 35 x 35 cm format. Printed on HP Indigo and finished with a square spine and Japanese stitching.
Labels and Packaging winners:
- Flexible packaging: Graphics and Converting Solution, Mexico for Tresso Café. These colorful, multi-SKU coffee pouches printed in high-quality for Café Tresso are an example of how this new flexible packaging provider in Mexico is enabling packaging innovation for small and medium brands in the Mexican market, using 100% digitally printed packaging on its HP Indigo 20000 Digital Press.
- Labels/Shrink Sleeves: American Label, Salt Lake City, USA, for the Deviation Distillery gin label. These engaging labels for a new product line pushed the limits of sandwich printing on the HP Indigo WS6800 Digital Press. Elaborate (CMYK) designs were printed on each side of a clear pressure sensitive substrate. HP Indigo Premium White increased optical density of the white sandwich layer.
- Folding carton: P+E Galeria Digital Ltda, Brazil for a Johnnie Walker Commemorative Box. The box is intended to connect new customers to the rich history. It includes a cradle, Scodix, and complex finishing.
Software technology and inks:
- HP Smart Stream Designer (Collage, Mosaic D4D) - QTL of Georgia, USA, for HP Collage generated wrapper packaging for the King of Pops. The brand asked to produce unique packaging for its Halloween edition. Eight days later wrappers were the world’s first HP Collage print run, quickly selling out in all five flavors, including Witch’s Brew.
- Security - Nosco, USA, for the Isagenixs serialized packaging campaign. The companies partnered to combat the growing threat of diversion in the market causing lost sales and channel erosion. Serialized 2D data matrices and variable barcodes were implemented for track and trace capabilities during the company’s latest market launch in South Korea, using the HP indigo 30000 Digital Press and HP Indigo WS6600.
- Fluorescent Inks - GSB Digital of Long Island, New York, for use of HP Indigo ElectroInk Fluorescent Pink for this for the “Be You-tiful” box.
- Augmented Reality/QR - Grupo Fogra, of Mexico for the Bestiario brochure and postcards.
Signage (Ridged & Flexible) - Cactus Imaging Australia, for a 34 x 25 meter building wrap, currently the largest installed in Melbourne Australia. Printed on a HP Scitex 5500 printer.
HP and Dscoop collaborated to create the HP Inkspiration Awards Americas in 2015. The awards program recognizes the most innovative work produced with HP digital printing technology.
- Learn more about the competition and the winning entries on the HP Inkspiration website.